Boost your Business through Video Marketing
Thinking of using YouTube or a similar video platform to give your up-and-coming business that much-needed pizzazz? You’re on the right track.
No matter the size of your company, it’s always important to engage in an innovative and effective marketing strategy. The big players have bottomless coffers from which to draw money for advertising, PR campaigns, social media marketing, and other strategies. But even if you’re only just starting to build a name for your brand, you can still make use of less cash-intensive tactics to market yourself.
Video services like YouTube are a popular and affordable means of reaching out to your target customers and an opportunity to build trust in your services and products. You can be a hard-seller and go all out in pushing your wares, or you can be a little more subtle in building your credibility and your brand.
The more senses you engage in your marketing campaign, the more impact it can have on your customers. While Twitter tweets and Facebook posts are all good, you still want to draw customers in with audio-video presentations that can really show off the best attributes of your product.
YouTube, Vimeo, and other similar platforms are not just for posting videos of your latest summer getaway. These can be a powerful means for you to make a sale with your target customer.
Here are some of the ways you can use video to promote your business:
1. Post customer video testimonials.
2. Film your product in action to show that it works just the way you say it would—be it a vacuum cleaner, a laundry detergent, or a refurbished automobile.
3. Make a short how-to video using your product.
4. Tell the story of how your company came to be and the problems you had to contend with in setting up the business.
5. Make a video comparing your product to a competitor’s. While you are obviously biased, be objective and honest in making your comparisons.
6. Link to other useful videos or channels in your industry.
7. Interview experts in your field to educate your customers about the latest developments.
8. Post video of past company events to stir up interest in new ones.
9. Cross-connect your YouTube account to your company website, Google Places page and social networking profiles.
10. Optimize tags and keywords for your videos to help get them found quickly and frequently.
11. Review your video analytics to monitor video traffic and activity on your channel.
12. Respond quickly and politely to all video comments.
13. Run a contest and post it on YouTube or some other video platform.
14. Make extra money on the side by partnering with ad placements.
15. Display your company details prominently on your channel to facilitate easy transactions.
All you need to get things done now is a decent camera and a little creativity. Have fun with your video presentation and you just might become the next YouTube sensation.